Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about an imminent event or something that does not have a certain outcome. While anxiety may not be directly caused by diet, what we eat acts as chemical messengers. These messengers in the brain, called neurotransmitters, control your mood, energy, appetite, and several other processes. To best manage your anxiety, it is important to eat to support optimal neurotransmitter production and provide your body the natural solutions necessary to function properly.
Other symptoms of anxiety may include obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiousness, panic-attacks, excessive worry, sleep disorders, irrational fears, muscle tension, compulsive behavior, perfectionism.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you or your loved one may have developed anxiety
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic patterns
- The role of stress on brain function
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- How certain foods can affect our mood
- Natural approaches to boost cognitive function
- The role of the gastrointestinal tract on mood and brain health
Helpful Laboratory Tests:
- Micronutrient Panel
- HTMA Test
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Stool Analysis
- DUTCH Hormone Test
Here are ways I can help!