Beyond the biochemical and/or emotional roots of depression, nutrition can play a key role in the severity and duration of depression. Being “depressed” is a disorders associated with major symptoms such as increased sadness and anxiety, decreased appetite, “feeling sad," and a loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities. Nutritional deficiencies, poor eating habits, and impaired gastrointestinal functional have been implicated in the development and worsening of depression.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may be experiencing depression
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic patterns
- The role of stress on brain function
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- How certain foods can affect our mood
- Natural approaches to boost cognitive function
- The role of the gastrointestinal tract on mood and brain health
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- Genetic Direction Gx-Renew
- SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Diagnostic Solutions GI-MAP
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted).
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!