In a typical cycle, the hypothalamus ( a little organ at the base of your brain by the brainstem) send outs GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone). If the hypothalamus doesn’t tell other glands to make hormones, they aren’t going to be made. This leads to loss of menstruation, lack of ovulation, low libido, cystic acne, always feeling cold, mood disorders (anxiety, depression), brittle nails, and low energy.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may not be getting your period
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural hormonal patterns
- The role of stress on hormone levels.
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- Discussion of exercise and hormone production
- The importance of body fat for hormone levels
- Navigating fertility complications
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted)
Call or E-mail Today to Schedule Your Initial Assessment!