Endometriosis is a painful condition in which the tissue that typically lines your uterus, or your endometrium, grows outside of your uterus. Despite its displacement, the tissue acts as it normally would in that it thickens, breaks down, and bleeds with each menstrual cycle. This causes irritation and inflammation to the surrounding tissues because the blood has nowhere to go. The backflow of blood further exacerbates irritation and can cause scar tissues and adhesions that can build upon each other and cause the tissues of pelvic organs to stick together or get blocked, which ultimately leads to infertility.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body if you have endometriosis
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Realistic and natural approaches to an “endometriosis diet”
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic pathways
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- Navigating fertility with endometriosis
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- DUTCH Hormone Testing
- SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel
- SpectraCell CardioMetabolic Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Diagnostic Solutions GI-MAP
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted)
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!