A migraine is not just a bad headache. Migraines involve one side of the head and causes a throbbing pain, constant ache, and it often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and/or sound, and an “aura” in some. Research has shown a surprising link between nutrition and migraines. While there are common “migraine trigger” foods, more often than not, the same foods that cause migraine in one person may not cause in another. Additionally, with migraines, the “dose makes the poison." Migraines are widely accepted to be a byproduct of impaired serotonin (the “happy” hormone”) levels in the body. Surprisingly, most serotonin is produced in the gastrointestinal tract! Identifying the exact foods you are sensitive to, nutritional deficiencies, levels of inflammation, and balance of bacteria are all helpful steps to better managing your migraine headaches.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may be experiencing migraine headaches
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic patterns
- The role of stress on brain function
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- How certain foods can affect our mood
- Natural approaches to boost cognitive function
- The role of the gastrointestinal tract on mood and brain health
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel
- SpectraCell CardioMetabolic Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Genetic Direction Gx-Slim & Gx-Renew
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted).
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!