"Brain Fog” is not a medically recognized term, but is something that is commonly experiences. Symptoms of brain fog include confusion, forgetfulness, lack of focus or mental clarity, fatigue, headaches, and difficulty “finding your words." Lifestyle factors, including sleep, stress, food intake, and hydration status play a paramount role in the functioning of your brain. A poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, exposure to toxins (in food and environment), and inflammation in the body also contribute to brain fog. Those who suffer from brain fog are also likely to have autism spectrum disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, Celiac disease, fibromyalgia, and food sensitivities.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may be experiencing brain fog
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic patterns
- The role of stress on brain function
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- How certain foods can affect our mood
- Natural approaches to boost cognitive function
- The role of the gastrointestinal tract on mood and brain health
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel
- SpectraCell CardioMetabolic Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Diagnostic Solutions GI-MAP
- Genetic Direction Gx-Slim & Gx-Renew
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted).
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!