Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, is a condition in which a woman experiences severe hormonal imbalances that affect her menstrual and ovulatory cycle. This endocrine disorder generally inflicts women of reproductive age and is one of the most common causes of infertility due to irregular menstrual cycles and anovulation (or lack of ovulation). It is estimated that PCOS affects 3-12% of the female population. However, because PCOS can often be difficult to diagnose, so the amount of those suffering may actually be greater than reported values.
Hallmark symptoms of PCOS include a combination of infertility, lack of ovulation, irregular periods (or complete absence of periods called amenorrhea), male-pattern facial hair (or hirsutism), acne, male pattern baldness, weight gain, sleep disturbances (such as sleep apnea), and cysts on the ovaries that look similar to a “string of pearls."
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body if you have PCOS
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Realistic and natural approaches for a PCOS diet plan
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic pathways
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- Navigating fertility with PCOS
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- DUTCH Hormone Testing
- SpectraCell Micronutrient Panel
- SpectraCell CardioMetabolic Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted)
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!