Improving your diet is one of the first key steps to improving your energy levels. The way we feel throughout the day is dependent on hormonal fluctuations in the body that are timed just right so that we have energy when we need it. When those pathways are not functioning properly because of nutrient deficiencies, “fight or flight” related hormonal changes, or imbalances in gut bacteria, we get tired and run down. For those suffering from “adrenal fatigue” (HPA Axis Dysfunction), the tiredness and fatigue you feel can be debilitating. Dietary changes such as meal timing, controlling sugar intake, moderating caffeine, and ensuring hydration can help to better manage your symptoms. Additionally, the incorporation of foods that help to feed your adrenal glands and the avoidance of “energy stealing” foods can help you feel your best throughout the day.
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may be experiencing fatigue
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural metabolic patterns
- The role of stress on brain function
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
- How certain foods can affect our mood
- Natural approaches to boost cognitive function
- The role of the gastrointestinal tract on mood and brain health
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
Nicole is happy to review labs drawn by your physician (including hormonal panels, comprehensive metabolic panels, complete blood counts, thyroid panels, urinalysis, and others as warranted).
Call or E-Mail Today to Schedule Your Appointment!