Sign up for FREE Thyroid School emails!
You may notice symptoms that seem like hypothyroidism but your doctor says over and over that your labs indicate your thyroid is working just fine. Often, the single lab marker used to screen for thyroid issues, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), is usually not enough on its own to rule out thyroid issues. Thyroid issues are under-diagnosed because TSH alone is too often relied on to confirm.
The thyroid hormone is used by every cell in the body!
Symptoms of Low Thyroid Include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling cold all the time
- Coarse, dry hair
- Thinning hair
- Menstrual irregularities (lack of period, irregular periods, or abnormally heavy periods)
- Decreased libido
- Fluid Retention
- Weight Gain
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Feeling of rapid heart-beat or skipped beats
- Elevated homocysteine
- Galactorrhea (being able to express milk without being pregnancy or actually lactating)
Nicole’s Holistic Nutrition Approaches Include:
- Education on what is going on in your body and why you may have hypothyroidism
- Foods to avoid to best manage your condition
- Therapeutic foods to boost your natural hormonal patterns
- The role of stress on hormone levels.
- Targeted and individualized supplementation protocols
Using her proven The BRAIN Method, Nicole will ensure the foundational pieces of thyroid optimization are in place to best manage your hypothyroidism.
Recommended Laboratory Tests:
- Comprehensive Thyroid Panel
- Micronutrient Panel
- Oxford Biomedical LEAP MRT Food Sensitivity Panel
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis
- Cortisol Panel
Have some labs already? GREAT! Let’s review them together!